BACHELOR OF ARTS
Intakes: January, May, September
Study Mode: Blended
Duration: FT – 3 years
Programme: School of Communication
The Bachelor of Arts in Communications provides students with an appropriate balance of theoretical knowledge and sophisticated, practical communication skills to create and use messages to generate meaning within and across various contexts, cultures, channels, and media. It encourages students to develop written, oral, and visual communication skills; to apply communication theories to both personal and professional situations; and to increase their understanding of human interaction.
Students with a major in communication are prepared for a wide variety of careers in areas such as journalism, public relations, marketing, communication, and professional writing.
The course is designed to integrate a deep understanding of the subject matter with the development of key skills and competencies needed to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic, and competitive global marketplace. Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Understand the role of marketing and communications within the business and explore the impact of marketing on society, industry and the natural environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply classical and contemporary principles of marketing within business planning.
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate advanced communication and marketing strategies for organisations that operate in complex environments.
- Apply their understanding of different domains of knowledge and the different perspectives in the study and practice of marketing and communications, in both domestic and international contexts.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner and appreciate new emerging ideas and trends affecting the marketing industry.
Intakes & Requirements
Intakes: January, May and September
- 2 SPTM / A-Level Passes ( min CGPA 2.00) or equivalent, OR
- 5 B’s in UEC ( including English Language), AND
- A pass in a recognised Matriculation/Foundation Certificate or Diploma (Level 4) (min CGPA 2.00) OR
- Other relevant or equivalent quali¬fications accepted by the Government of Malaysia; AND
- At least a Band 1 in the MUET examination.
Students will be assessed through a combination of written and oral examinations as well as assignments
Year 1, 2 & 3
- Learning Skills for Open and Distance Learners
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A 3/ (Replacement)
- Pendidikan Moral
- Mass Communication
- English for Written Communication
- Pendidikan Islam
- Introduction to Communication
- Communication Research Methods
- Communication Theory
- Pengajian Malaysia
- Public Speaking
- Principles of Corporate Communication
- Basic Interpersonal Communication
- Human, Society and Culture
- Community Service
- Communication Research Methods
- New Media Technology
- Broadcast Journalism
- Principles of Advertising
- Graphic Design
- Communication Law & Ethics
- Basic Journalism
- News Writting and Reporting
- Case Studies of Corporate Communication
- Copy Writing
- Media Appreciation & Critical Analysis
- Research Project
- Editing for Print & Electronic Publication
- Broadcasting Management
- Global Communication
- Reputation Risk Management
- Intergrated Marketing Communication
- Politics And The Media
*The Subjects listed above are merely indicative and may be subject to change. Additionally, students are required by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to complete Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) subjects.
|Normal Price||Promotion Price||International Students|
|Tuition Fees||RM 12,900 per year||RM 8,000 per year||RM 12,000 per year|
*The fees indicated above is subject to change. Normal and Promotional fees are applicable to Malaysian’s students only, subject to terms and conditions. International students are eligible for special travel bursary. For more information, kindly contact our course consultants
The Buddy Bundle
Share and Save More!
We believe the best things in life are shared! Sign up with a friend today and enjoy an additional RM 1,000 REBATE from each!
Terms and conditions apply.