Intakes: January, May, September
Study Mode: Blended
Duration: FT – 3 years
Programme: School of Education & Social Sciences
BSc (Hons) in Psychology is a distance learning programme designed to equip students with both core and generic skills in line with the vision of the university to provide access to quality education and lifelong learning, leveraging on technology and adopting flexible mode of learning.
Upon graduating, you can apply the acquired knowledge of psychological principles to a diverse range of areas such as human resource management, healthcare, organisational and corporate management, customer relation, education, politics, sports, research and marketing.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspective, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology;
- Respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and, when possible, a scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes;
- Understand and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organisational issues; and
- Apply cultural competencies to effective and sensitive interactions with people from diverse backgrounds and cultural perspectives.
Intakes & Requirements
Intakes: January, May and September
- 2 SPTM / A-Level Passes ( min CGPA 2.00) or equivalent, OR
- 5 B’s in UEC (including English Language), AND
- A pass in a recognised Matriculation/Foundation Certificate or Diploma (Level 4) ( min CGPA 2.00); OR
- Other relevant or equivalent qualifications accepted by the Government of Malaysia; AND
- At least a Band 1 in the MUET examination.
Students will be assessed through a combination of written and oral examinations as well as assignments
- Learning Skills for Open and Distance Learners
- Computer Application
- English Proficiency
- Introduction to Psychology
- Organizational Behaviour
- Human, Society and Culture
- Child Psychology
- Psychology of Learning
- History and Philosophy of Psychology
- Introduction to Clinical Psychology
- Introduction to Health Psychology
- Introduction to Counselling
- Malaysian Studies 3
- Research Methodology in Psychology
- English for Written Communication
- Professional Ethics
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Introduction to Statistics
- Psychology of Adult and Old Age
- Environmental Psychology
- Political Psychology
- Entrepreneurial Skills 2
- Community Service 2
- Organizational Behaviour in Multi-Ethnics Society in Malaysia 2
- TITAS (Islamic Civilization & Asian Civilization)
- Psychological Tests and Measurement
- Understanding Motivation and Emotion
- Social Deviance
- Dynamics of Adjustment
- Cognitive Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Principles of Cognition and Behaviour Modification
- Substance Abuse
- Adolescent Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Project Paper
*The Subjects listed above are merely indicative and may be subject to change. Additionally, students are required by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to complete Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) subjects.
|Normal Price||Promotion Price||International Students|
|Tuition Fees||RM 14,000 per year||RM 6,900 per year||RM 10,350 per year|
The Buddy Bundle
Share and Save More!
We believe the best things in life are shared! Sign up with a friend today and enjoy an additional RM 1,000 REBATE from each!
Terms and conditions apply.
* All fees listed may be subject to change. The fees above does not include living expenses and accommodation. International student fees are applicable to Non-Malaysian applicants. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or Instalments. Kindly enquire about the 0% Interest Payment Plans that are available
Have a Question?
Join the Conversation Today!