DIPLOMA IN EARLY
Intakes: January, May, September
Study Mode: Blended
Duration: FT – 2 years 5 months
Programme: School of Education & Social Sciences
Diploma in Early Childhood Education equips you with the conceptual knowledge, understanding and skills on children development. The curriculum not only provides you with content knowledge but also assists in acquiring key competencies and generic skills like information literacy, critical and creative thinking, team and interpersonal skills, study skills, communication skills, problem-solving and decision-making for a long and rewarding career in the fields of Early Childhood Education.
Career opportunities in early childhood related fields include preschool teacher, preschool counsellor, childcare centre manager, kindergarten owner, special education counsellor, deputy principal, coordinator, administrator and principal just to mention a few.
The programme seeks to equip students with the conceptual understanding on children development. Amongst the skills taught are observing young children, interpreting data and attending to the needs of children in all aspects i.e. cognitive, psychomotor, affective, health and safety. The programme will also equip students with the knowledge and skills not only teach young children but also manage or operate pre-schools.
Intakes & Requirements
Intakes: January, May and September
- 3 SPM / O-Level Credits, OR
- 2 SPM / O-Level Credits with 3 years relevant working experience, OR
- 1 SPM / O-Level Credit with 5 years relevant working experience, OR
- 3 B’s in UEC, OR
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the Government of Malaysia
Students will be assessed through a combination of written and oral examinations as well as assignments.
- Learning Skills for Open and Distance Learners
- Computer Application
- English Proficiency
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Fundamentals of Child Psychology
- Psychology of Learning
- Child Development
- Learning, Motivation and Emotion
- Mathematics for Young Children
- Literacy for Young Children
- Science for Young Children
- Play and Child Development
- Malaysian Studies 2
- Entrepreneurial Skills 1
- Community Service 1
- Entrepreneurship in Early Childhood Education
- Organizational Behaviour in Multi-Ethnics Society in Malaysia 1
- Moral Values for Young Children
- English for Early Childhood Educators
- Management of Childhood Centres
- Behaviour Management in Early Childhood
- Observation and Assessment of Young Children
- Literature for Young Children
- Effective Classroom Management for Early Childhood Centre
- Parent-School Partnership
- Music for Young Children
- Children with Special Needs
- Physical Education for Young Children
- Art and Craft for Young Children
- Practicum for Early Childhood Education
*The Subjects listed above are merely indicative and may be subject to change. Additionally, students are required by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to complete Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) subjects.
|Normal Price||Promotion Price||International Students|
|Tuition Fees||RM 9,000 per year||RM 5,500 per year||RM 8,250 per year|
The Buddy Bundle
Share and Save More!
We believe the best things in life are shared! Sign up with a friend today and enjoy an additional RM 1,000 REBATE from each!
Terms and conditions apply.
* All fees listed may be subject to change. The fees above does not include living expenses and accommodation. International student fees are applicable to Non-Malaysian applicants. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or Instalments. Kindly enquire about the 0% Interest Payment Plans that are available
Have a Question?
Join the Conversation Today!