Intakes: January, May, September
Study Mode: Blended
Duration: 2 years
Programme: School of Communication
The Diploma in Communications programme is created specifically to prepare students for general communication positions within either the public or the private sector. The comprehensive curriculum provides students with all the knowledge and skills required to be attractive and desirable by employers of all types.
Areas of focus in this industry tailored programme will include Corporate, Human and Organisational Communication and Mass Communication. In general, graduates will be able to adapt to a wide variety of communication challenges and issues with confidence and creativity in writing, speaking, and academic and professional communication.
The course is designed to integrate a deep understanding of the subject matter with the development of key skills and competencies needed to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic, and competitive global marketplace. Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Understand the role of marketing and communications within the business and explore the impact of marketing on society, industry and the natural environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply classical and contemporary principles of marketing within business planning.
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate advanced communication and marketing strategies for organisations that operate in complex environments.
- Apply their understanding of different domains of knowledge and the different perspectives in the study and practice of marketing and communications, in both domestic and international contexts.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner and appreciate new emerging ideas and trends affecting the marketing industry.
Intakes & Requirements
Intakes: January, May and September
- 3 SPM / O-Level Credits, OR
- 3 B’s in UEC (Pass in Bahasa Malaysia), OR
- SKM (Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia) upon completion of Level 1,2 and 3, OR
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the Government of Malaysia
Students will be assessed through a combination of written and oral examinations as well as assignments.
- Learning Skills for Open and Distance Learners
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Organisational Behavior in Multi Ethnic Society
- English Proficiency
- Human Communication 1
- Communication Theory
- Computer Application
- English Proficiency 2
- English for Workplace Communication
- Fundamentals of Psychology
- Public Speaking
- Writing for the media
- Kemahiran Keusahawanan 1
- Introduction to Communication
- Media, Society and Culture 1
- Principles of Corporate Communication
- Communication Research Methods
- Mass Communication
- Media, Society and Culture 2
- Corporate Communication 2
- Communication Strategies
- Community Service 1
- Communication in a Globalised World
- Internship and report writing
- Writing for the media 2
*The Subjects listed above are merely indicative and may be subject to change. Additionally, students are required by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to complete Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) subjects.
|Tuition Fees||RM 10,900 per year||RM 5,500 per year||RM 9,500 per year|
*The fees indicated above is subject to change. Normal and Promotional fees are applicable to Malaysian’s students only, subject to terms and conditions. International students are eligible for special travel bursary. For more information, kindly contact our course consultants
The Buddy Bundle
Share and Save More!
We believe the best things in life are shared! Sign up with a friend today and enjoy an additional RM 1,000 REBATE from each!
Terms and conditions apply.