The first few years of a child’s life is pivotal in laying the foundation for their long-term success—and you can be part of it. The Diploma in Early Childhood Education is a highly respected qualification, designed to equip you to be well versed in the thematic and integrated ECCE curriculum syllabus, which is current, relevant and practical whilst incorporating best practices. This encompasses all forms of education, both formal and informal, for young children up to approximately 6 years of age.
You will have a strong grasp of project-based and experimental learning imbedded in the ECE programme as well as application know-how. With VUC’s fully equipped simulation rooms and practicum sessions, you will be prepared for the real world situations and poised to become a highly impactful educational trailblazer in this exponentially growing industry,
The programme seeks to equip students with a thorough understanding and skills to pursue a rewarding career in early childhood education. This includes
- Gaining comprehensive knowledge of the established development milestones, from birth until age 6.
- Understanding the early learning processes and essential tools to be an effective educator
- Learning relationship-building skills and effectively leverage relationships with parents and the community for the benefit of the children’s development
- Crucial hands-on learning experience
- Becoming an advocate for early childhood education through your expertise and help transform the industry locally
Intakes & Requirements
Intakes: January, May and September
- SPM with a minimum of 3 credits in any subject or its equivalent; or
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject or its equivalent; or
- Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul; or
- SKM level 3 in Early Child Care/Preschool and pass SPM with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject; or
- A Certificate in any field or its equivalent.
Students will be assessed through a combination of written and oral examinations as well as assignments.
- Child Growth & Development
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Early Learning & Early Environment
- English For Early Childhood Education
- Play in Early Childhood Education
- Guiding Young Children
- Observation & Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- Mathematics in Early Childhood Education
- Spiritual & Moral Values in Early Childhood Education
- Language & Literacy in Early Childhood Education
- Music, Movement & Drama in Early Childhood Education
- Art & Craft in Early Childhood Education
- Curriculum Planning & Development
- Health, Safety & Nutrition in Early Childhood Education
- Social Studies in Early Childhood Education
- Science & Technology in Early Childhood Education
- Special Needs in Early Childhood Education
- Programme Planning & Development in Early Childhood Education
- Partnering with Families in Early Childhood Education
- Administration & Management in Early Childhood Education
- Learning Disabilities
- Partnering with Communities in Early Childhood Education
*The Subjects listed above may be subject to change. Additionally, students are required by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to complete Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) subjects.
|All-Inclusive Fees||RM 17,000||RM 14,000|
* All fees listed may be subject to change. The fees above does not include living expenses and accommodation. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or Instalments. Kindly enquire about the 0% Interest Payment Plans that are available